The fine rehabilitation department at QVHC consists of a diverse team of Therapists and Doctors who offer some of the most advanced physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy programs in the area.
QVHC boasts the area’s most comprehensive Dementia Unit. This unit offers a home-like secured environment that is specifically designed to lessen the stresses of everyday life.
The level of skilled nursing care provided at Quabbin Valley Health Care strives to help residents achieve their optimal health so that they can continue to enjoy their lives.
QVHC offers a complete range of programs and services to meet the long-term health care needs of elderly adults and their families. Our facility is noted for its supportive environment.
Welcome to Quabbin Valley Healthcare.
Quabbin Valley Healthcare offers a variety of individualized healthcare services and therapy programs to families and patients in Athol, Gardner, Orange and surrounding communities throughout Worcester County. Whether you are here for a brief visit or plan to make to make QVHC your new home, we will develop a specialized program that will help you reach your highest potential level of function and independence.
Each Resident is unique.
Our philosophy is to learn how they choose to live their lives and honor their choices in their daily routines.
To that end, we will ask our residents the question that help us assist them in living the life that they choose. We will assist in securing the resources necessary to meet their choices. We will respect each resident as one of our own and treat them with dignity and choice that we would want for ourselves or those that we hold dear.
Recent News and Highlights
There are a lot of great things happening at QVHC!
To all Athol area seniors, we would like to invite you to attend a complimentary dinner at Quabbin Valley healthcare. Reserve your space for one or all! All dinners start at 4:30pm. On January 20th, enjoy Mac & Cheese (RSVP by January 18, 2016) On February 17, enjoy Pot Roast (RSVP by February 15, 2016)…Details
Join us for a day filled of fun! We’ll have Crafts, Basket Raffles, Huge Chance Auction, Pictures with Santa, Baked Goods, and a Lunch Counter! Our annual Crafts fair will be held on: Saturday, November 21, 2015 from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Quabbin Vally Healthcare is located at: 821 Daniel Shays Highway, Athol, MA…Details
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) Awards Three-Year Accreditation To Quabbin Valley Healthcare Quabbin Valley Healthcare, Athol’s premier skilled nursing center, has been certified by CARF for its excellence in service to their residents, staff, their level of professionalism, and excellent patient outcomes. QVHS is the only skilled nursing and post-acute care center in…Details
Testimonials & Awards
A small reflection of what makes Quabbin Valley Healthcare so special.
- "The two weeks I spent at Quabbin Valley, I was treated extremely professionally, but also like a guest in someone's home and returned home healthier and in less pain than I have been in, in over two years. I really cannot say enough about how pleased I am with my experience at Quabbin Valley Healthcare. Should I ever need any rehab or longer term care, I will undoubtedly choose your facility."Alan T.
- Dear All, Thank you so much for all your tender loving care and aid to walk again. When I arrived at your facility, I never thought I would be able to move, sit or be so independent after such an extensive surgery. You all showed me your professionalism and compassion. I appreciate and will never forget how you helped me to believe all can be better again. Thanks to all of you,Sherry H.
- To everyone on the staff of QVHC, I deeply appreciate the care and concern you all extended to my mother, Sophia, during her illness and residency at QVHC, My family and I are grateful for the quality of care at your facility. Thanks to all of you,Linda M.
- We want to express our heartfelt gratitude for the care you all gave to our mother, Helen. It's always upsetting to admit that family is no longer able to care for a loved one. After observing your respect, concern and care for the residents, we knew it would be o.k. to put her in your care. We could see that she was very content. We'll always be grateful to everyone at Quabbin Valley Healthcare. Sincerely,Barbara, Leo, Ron & Grandchildren
- Your names are too many to mention but the love and kindness shown to our Mom are recorded on and in our hearts. Thank you for all the hugs mom received on a daily basis - we know she appreciated your care and concerns far more than she may have voiced. May God bless you all with His immensurable blessings. Our condolences to each of you who cared and ministered to Mom in your own special way. With all our Thanks,Susan & Leo
- To all the dear folks in Prescott, I had to write and thank all the wonderful people that took care of me. Your compassion and understanding was greatly appreciated. Your love and help is something we don't see or get everywhere. Thank you so much and love to everyone,Carolyne L.
- Dear Marie I've just returned to Virginia after a holiday visit to my mother in Orange. You'll be pleased to know she's doing very well and is happy to be back in her home (with some extra help). I never properly thanked you - and the other members of the QVHC staff for taking such good care of her last spring and summer. Please share my gratitude with Sharon & everyone else who were all so helpful, compassionate, tactful and professional (I'll be sending a separate thank you to Jackie. She was also great with my mom.) Thanks again and best wishes to all.Anne H.
Exceptional Care and Service.
Our family of administrators and staff treat everyone with the greatest empathy, compassion and respect. It certainly shows in everything we do!